Sunday, August 28, 2011

Color Boot Camp

A few weeks ago I took part in Bill Perkin's Color Boot Camp workshop.  It was an intense 3 days of basically nonstop painting and learning.  I think I retained about .08% of what he was teaching but it was definitely worth the time and money.  Above is a composite image of the more than 19 color studies we did at a size which I'm fairly comfortable they be viewed in.  Even so, don't look too close and keep in mind that these were mostly all done in 40 minutes or less and intended as fast color studies, not finished pieces.

7 comments:

Mark Robison said...

great studies, kevin.

Tim Bye said...

Fabulous :o)

pibby said...

These are great! I took that workshop as well. It was a very good boot camp. It made me want to practice more with oils. And somehow figure out what he meant when he was talking about the matrix.

Joe said...

Nice work. I am jealous. I think my fingers would fall off if I tried to use traditional painting methods. I need ctrl z...a lot

Unknown said...

Nice Color studies they turned out great for only 40 mins on each. The value and shapes on them are fantastic. Well done.

Dave McClellan said...

Good times. I think you got way more than .08% though. 2% at least. It's like milk--if you got 3% that's considered "whole"

Will Terry said...

It's an amazing amount of work - and good work - I wish I could have taken his class - he's a master for sure.